Blazer/Dress: Plato's Closet, Boots: H&M
Oh hey friends. So now that I am officially 25 I am looking back and thinking on my life. I am half way to 50 (eeeeek). Of course at this point I am analyzing everything. I am 5 years away from being 30. Most of my friends are married with children. Then I start thinking about all the things in life that I haven't done yet, that I want to do. And it goes on and on.... What I do have is a little knowledge I have gained along this great journey of mine. Also things I have learned the hard way that I wish I would have known. So I came up with a fun list of things I have learned and things I wish I would have known.
1. Don't stress so much. It's not worth it. I am a perfectionist and I think between high school, up until a few years ago I have stressed away years of my life. I am surprised I don't have a few gray hairs yet. (knock on wood)
2. You are skinny enough and pretty enough. Repeat over and over until you believe it.
3. Most of us will get our hearts broke a few times in our life. The more it happens the more strong you will become and you will realize more and more who and what you want. Don't let it stop you from loving. Get back on that horse!
4. When everyone is going out late for the night and you have to be up early for school or work, who cares! Go and have fun every once in a while. When you look back you are going to remember those memories, not that you got some sleep that night.
5. As it turns out Jonathan Taylor Thomas wasn't "the one" after all. But trust me, in the end you are okay with that. :)
6. Forgive. Especially for the silly stuff. I have learned that I am much more happy when I'm not angry at someone else. Grudges aren't worth holding. Forgive forgive forgive!!!
7. Develop your own style. Throughout High School I wore what the popular girls were wearing and they still were rude to me. Do your thing and rock what you want to wear. Those girls will eventually become people you will wonder why you ever wanted to be like (most of them).
8. A good general rule: It's not the a big of a deal. Applies to a lot when we are younger.
9. Hug your grandparents a lot. When they are gone, you can't.
10. You are more powerful than you think. People watch what you do and what you say. Those who care and love you, will be influenced by what you do and what you say. Be a good person.
11. Confidence is sexy. Enough said. Be confident.
12. Friends. Have them, make them and love them. Friends have been one of the biggest influences in my life. Good and bad. You learn quickly who your real friends are. Don't let those ones get away.
13. Mistakes are learning tools. Learn from every experience that you have. Good or bad.
14. You only have one family. There are ups and downs and fights with siblings and parents but they are your family. Don't let anything ever get in the way of that fact.
15. Laugh. Like they say, laughter is the best medicine. Most likely we end up laughing at our past at one point so might as well be now.
16. Leave imprints. What people remember most about you is how you make them feel. Don't be a wiener. Yes I said it. Be nice.
17. Patience. I am currently still working on this one. I have improved so much and it has made my life so much better. Just have some.
18. Relationships are worth taking risks for. I have had quite a few that I was iffy about. Heart break sucks and no one wants to go through that, BUT that is an awful reason to not try. Give 100% and at the end of the day if it doesn't work out, you tried, you learned, and you had some good times. This is what life is about.
19. Religion. Everyone will always have an opinion or point of view on "what's important in life" and what role religion should play in it. Everyone will always have their own interpretation of right from wrong and good from evil. The bottom line is that your relationship with your maker is just that. YOUR relationship.
20. Set goals. Goals help you strive to be better and help you accomplish things. You will grow and do things you didn't know you were capable of.
21. Be nice. I have said this before. Don't bash on someone because they don't dress like you, they don't have the same religion, or because they like the same gender or for ANY reason. You don't need to do those things just because they do, and it's not harming you in any way so get over it. Let everyone make their own choices. Everyone deserves to be happy and to choose who they want to love, what religion they want to believe and so on...
22. Don't procrastinate too much. It causes stress (refer back to #1)
23. ALWAYS buy lemonade from the kids lemonade stands. Wanna know why? They are kids. They are the future of our country. If you shut them down now, we might create some quitters. ha but really, keep change in your car and buy the dang lemonade. It makes their day. Seriously.
24. Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue. Great analogy I know.
25. Life goes on. No matter what happens at any point in time, life does goes on. Remember this always.
I hope you enjoyed. I would love to hear some things that you have learned. Leave a comment below!!